Friday, March 6, 2009

Compost Bins and Rain Barrels Oh My

Here is an entry to my family blog I listed which talks about resources for rain barrels and compost bins: Tree-Hugging Tuesday

I watched many a cartoon in my young days. One particular cartoon with caveman entitled The Flinstones had fun dinosaur appliances in the characters homes.


One in particular I thought was funny was the pig trash compactor. Hilarious. I decided to investigate and see what living thing I could use under my kitchen sink and looky what I found:

Can-O-Worms looks fun (especially for the children). I think I would keep it outside if not next to the garage door as it may attract flies and as one customer stated she had suicidal worms....

I remember seeing something back in my TV-Martha Stewart watching days about making your own worm compost bin. I found the instructions online. I am not sure if the bin leaks. Looks questionable to me. I know, how dare I question Martha, right?! I might try one of these for a compost bin. Hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment